Providing year round recreation for families with swimming, playgrounds, tennis courts, softball diamonds, volleyball, picnic areas, walking path, and ice rink.
- Waterfront walkway
- Swimming area with float
- paved and hiking scenic trails
- Plenty of daytime parking
- Public restrooms
- Gazebo & Pavilion
- Picnic Tables
- Tennis Courts
- Softball diamonds
- Volleyball Court
Rotary Lake at the center of the park is the focal point for birders. During the fall it is the epicenter of the local goose spectacle as thousands of Snow and Canada Geese descend upon it each day.
These honking throngs often contain less common species – such as Cackling, Greater White-fronted, and Ross’s Geese in their midst and birders should bring a scope to help them sift through the flocks. The water can also attract migrating ducks such as Common and Hooded Mergansers, among others.
A large area is marked out with a float raft at one end.
Hiking and Running
There's a paved and woods trail which forms a loop.
- The Rec Park Fun Runs are held on Wednesday evenings In July and August, with 1.5 mile and 5K courses
- Free “Creating with our Head, Hands and Heart” workshops held at the Duane Street Pavilion (adult must accompany children under 8 years of age, 518-483-3550)
- Summer playground activities and a story hour
- Stargazing club