Get out and discover the Adirondacks
From traditional to pure Adirondack, Malone has great options for outdoor activities. For those who don't know, golfing, fishing, and skiing are a few of the area's most popular recreational activities. And the locals know the Malone Rec Park is where to go for swimming, playgrounds, tennis courts, softball, volleyball, picnic areas, walking paths, and seasonal ice skating. Maybe you're looking for that special hike -- think waterfalls, lakes, and 360-degree panoramic views from a fire tower -- or perhaps you want to stretch your legs with a cross-country ski through the thousands of acres of the Adirondacks.
Painting the landscape
Malone is a mix of flat farmlands, rolling foothills and the start of the Adirondack Park, a six-million-acre protected park (larger than the National Parks of Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Glacier and the Great Smoky Mountains combined). Located at the top of the Park, this is your gateway to all the fun you can handle playing in the mountains, lakes, rivers and streams, while enjoying all the amenities you'd expect to find in a larger town. The quaint small hamlet areas you will find within the Park's famed Blue Line (the border of the Adirondack Park is called the Blue Line) will provide your basics, while Malone will provide your larger needs.
Stay, play, and explore
Let us be your guide to help you decide what to do during your vacation. View the activities below for ideas and information, we're sure you'll find something that will inspire you. Don't forget to check out our great golf packages for stay & play specials.
What's your pleasure?
- The Adirondacks are at your doorstep, its time to plan your next hike!
- Our fields and mountain trails were made for cross-country skiing.
- Reel in trout at one of our many beautiful fishing spots.
- Expand your bird list in the regions' many secluded marshes and wetlands!
- Titus Mountain skiing...need we say more?
- Mountain passes, open fields, Belly's... your snowmobile will thank you.
- We have three golf courses to choose from. You can't beat the views and the variety!